Colby's language skills have continued to grow quickly. I continue to be impressed how well he is able to describe things, such as a voice being "bright" or "sharp".
"Daddy, when you sing you have a way of making the songs sound not so nice."
"Mommy, will you turn the radio up?" (Blondie was playing at the time)
"Mommy's not here - time to get the Led out!" (meaning Led Zeppelin, which his mother does like... sometimes)
"This might sound strange, but I'm just going to say it - I don't like Stairway to Heaven"
"Daddy, you were right all along - I did have to go potty!"
"The pirates have canyons" (Using "canyon" instead of "cannon" is one of the last examples of his misuse, or mispronunciation of words. There have been others that have come and gone (i.e., "Apricot Center" instead of "Epcot Center"). I think he now says "brochure" instead of "bree-sure", but this AM he did say "hostiple" rather than "hospital". I enjoy these little gems as they're increasingly rare and will be gone soon.
PS-
"Marksa Basket" for the "Market Basket" grocery store
No comments:
Post a Comment