Colby has been obsessed with the movie "Cars" lately, using most of his limited TV time to watch it repeatedly in recent weeks. Lots of his play time is also spent racing cars around and pretending to be characters from the movie.
This past weekend we were at the Camp lake which has a beaver house and dam. I thought Colby would find these things interesting, and so I had asked him a few times if he'd like to get in a canoe and see the beaver stuff. Each time he quickly said no, because he was afraid that the beavers would sting him. I was confused, and explained that beavers have tails, not stingers, and that we would never touch a wild animal.
Colby and I repeated this exchange a few times over several days before Moira figured out what Colby was thinking. In the Cars movie the character Doc says "float like a Cadillac, sting like a Beemer"... and Colby mistook "Beemer" for "Beaver"!
No comments:
Post a Comment