Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Things Colby Said

Colby's language skills are rapidly progressing. Multi-syllable words and multiple word combinations are increasingly common. His vocabulary is also growing quickly, limited only by the words he has not yet heard. If there is a word he has heard once there is a good chance he will use it.

Among the things Colby has said in the past week are:
  • As parents do we 'speak-spell' sometimes so Colby won't understand us. In a recent such case I spelled to Moira r-o-c-k-e-t-s, after which Colby yelled "rockets!"
  • Colby and his Mom saw a large man today with a white beard and Colby yelled "Santa!"
  • Colby's Mom enjoys hot cross buns this time of year, which I historically have called "Jesus buns". In what was probably a mistake, I called them "Jesus buns" around Colby this morning, after which he said "Jesus hot"
  • To say the kid is obsessed with rockets is an understatement.Supporting evidence includes him talking in his sleep saying "rockets" on multiple occasions this week.
Note to self: be more careful about what you say around Colby

No comments:

Post a Comment