Colby's really digging his vehicles lately. Mostly that's stuff he gets on and pushes himself around on, including his car, fire truck, dump truck and bike. Occasionally he threatens to peddle a little, but its mostly Flintstone-style foot power. His skills have rapidly progressed lately, unhappily coinciding with his refusal to wear his helmet.
He's also gotten more emotional about things. His Mom brought Colby out to see me as I drove home this week, and he was quite upset that he was forced to wear a coat. I quickly got him in the car so we could take the coat off, thinking that would help.... but it did not. I struggled mightily to figure out why and eventually realized he was major league ticked just to have the coat in the car with him. He does not like coats - this will be a problem.
We also paid him off at Toys R Us with a bag of M&Ms today. He was beside himself having to leave the Power Wheels, so we bought him off with some candy to distract from the pain. We are weak.
No comments:
Post a Comment