Monday, April 16, 2012

Clever Dude


Colby is getting increasingly clever and persistent. He knows when Mommy's iphone beeps at dinner that its time for Daddy's medicine, and he knew today that a package in the mail was "Eggcalibur from Estes Rockets!" He's also quite fond of saying "Go away", especially to Daddy. Usually its because he wants his Mom, maybe he wants to do something himself, but there's at least a little bit of punk in there too. I knew it was coming and I love him anyway.
Also a sign of his ingenuity were these excuses he gave Mommy tonight for why he could not go to sleep yet:
·         Need water
·         Need Paci(fier)
·         Need Diaper change (followed by loud sniffs when Mommy told him he didn't have poopies)
·         Downstairs!
·         Walk to crib
·         I am Baby Colby!
·         Sat up to try to peel the glow in the dark star sticker off the wall
·         Took Mommy's hand several times and said "nice to meet you Mommy" until I responded appropriately.
·         Rocket run down (i.e., Eggscalibur rocket come in mail, Big Daddy, Silver rocket - tail fin, broke, mini mosquito, Rascal - stuck in tree.... and it goes on)
Eventually, due only to the laws of nature, he does eventually fall asleep.
PS - Update from the morning after... Colby has figured out how to unlock the deadbolt for the front door and open it. It must seem like magic to him when he tries something new like that and it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment