Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Checkups and Things
Colby had his18 month checkup today. He was not real pleased to be there, but everything checked out well.
Height - about 32 inches (C would not stay still!)
Weight - 27 lb 11 oz
Head - 52 cm
Height and weight are about 75th percentile, and his head is way off the charts. If a 3-year old had Colby's head size he would be in 95th percentile. Its big. We laugh about it, and the doctor is not very concerned given the family history and he's developmentally fine.
In other news -
* Colby and I (his father) had a nice moment yesterday. We were paused at the end of one of his new Thomas the Train books where about 10 different trains are pictured. As we do sometimes with books Colby would point at something and I would name it. In this case he pointed to a few trains which I was able to name before pointing to one I told him I couldn't remember. Colby seemed to understand and said "Tooh". I realized then my son had told me something I could not remember as that train's name was Toby.
* For many years my mother yelled at me for leaning back in chairs. She also said for years she would enjoy seeing my kids do to me what I did to her. Well Colby gave her her wish tonight when we tried out his Lego table chair, and he immediately pushed himself back onto two legs. Very dangerous!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment